suesmews - American made/Home raised & certified preowned cats and kittens for adoption
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Getting cat to like carrier
Beautiful ditch
November 2015 part 2
November 2015
history august 2015

Categories

Adoption pictures
Chucle for the day
Events
general information
History of how we got here
Important information
inspiration
kitten update
Lost and Found
Soapbox
Urgent need for help
What's new
powered by

Suesmews Forum

TYPICAL DAY ON MY E-MAIL

This is just one of the e-mails that fill my mailbox day and night. One of the reasons I made this website was so people could post these poor animals one more place.
Please use this site forum for this. Look at the declawed cats for rehoming.
Anyone with a wish list please write so we can set up a list of who wants what (matching wants with homes)

There is also a great list on the bottom of resources to post lost or found animals.
Copy the list somewhere safe if (heaven forbid) you or someone you know needs to use it.
Thank you for your patience and share this info

6nrkh-3754020902@comm.craigslist.org
Posted: 2013-05-04, 11:23AM CDT
3 bonded mature & fixed cats + 1 sweet large orange male (treme)hello....haven't been back to new orleans for 4 years and didn't want to have to rent a room in the treme area...but that's all could find...and 3 very hungry cats we're waiting for me...they manifested me....then a 4th. joined the group but he is tolerated but not one of them... comes to eat and get attention....much to my relief it appears they are all fixed...2 of them have notched ears and the small black one when she was rolling around noticed no fur on her stomach and a scar...the orange guy is fixed as well...i will be leaving the beginning of may or shortly after....these guys can't be left here...they aren't feral at all....they we're someones pets once but we're left...they never even go out of the gate but stay under the building and come out...with me feeding and getting them use to being petted the 3 stay on the stairs all night....they don't roam around and will sit at the top of the steep stairs and peek in the apartment...so cute.....where i am is transitory and my room mate is a hard core alcoholic ..who last night drunken talked about killing the little black girl 'cause she ran away from him...he likes her....there is no one to feed them....and that's why i was manifested to end up at this building...it is ursaline and marsais...the owner of property around there tells people not to feed them and is intimidating.......the big orange guy could go somewhere to live without the others...but the 3 of them are bonded though don't appear to be related....one is a fiesty black persian....who is one most afraid of people...and owner of property doesn't like this cat was told....the other is a large headed sad eyed tabby with a poor excuse of a tail...very sweet....then there is a quite petite all black girl who appears to have had kittens 'cause her stomach hangs....and she has the most exotic amber eyes....please help me relocate them...... Location: tremePosting ID: 3754020902Posted: 2013-05-04, 11:23AM CDT________________________________________________________________________________LA (New Orleans) Did Anyone Recently TNR a Small Light Color Male Cat with Tabby Stripes (Siamese mix?) in Broadmoor?·Amy is going to adopt him but want to know if he got shots or was tested. Contact: Amy Kellum amymcmahan@gmail.comFrom:
Amy McMahan <amymcmahan@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:00 AM
Subject: RE: stray cat found
He had been hanging around the neighborhood for at least a year….he was definitely a stray…..skinny and sickly looking. He would come by about once/week and spray my bushes. Then he disappeared for a few months and showed back up about 2 weeks ago, with his ear tipped, fat and friendly. He just sits at my door looking in crying but I don’t think anyone had taken him in b/c he still acts a little wild. I had checked with SPCA and they didn’t have a matching description of any cats they had treated. They suggested I check with you and with Southern Animal.Anyway I live in the Broadmoor neighborhood uptown New Orleans. He is precious and I didn’t really want a 3 cat but that’s not the way the world works is it? Haha! Thanks so much,AmyFrom: Amy McMahan <amymcmahan@gmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:53 PM
Subject: stray cat found
Hi. Someone in my neighborhood picked up a stray cat and had him TNR in the past 3-4 months. He has taken to my porch. I would like to bring him in but I have 2 housecats and I don’t know if he was tested/vaccinated before being released. Perhaps he was brought there?? He is a small male, light coloring with some tabby stripes and blue eyes. Any help you could give would be appreciated.Amy Kellum________________________________________________________________________________Update: Photos: re: LA (New Orleans) Help to Relocate 3 Cats into a Loving Home(s)·Colin has to travel out of town for his job and needs to rehome his loving cats.Contact: Colin Theriot cjtheriot1977@gmail.comFrom: Colin Theriot <cjtheriot1977@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:33 AM
Subject: Fw: help to relocate 3 cats
sorry for the late reply, i have been out of town. here are the pics :) thanks againFrom:
Colin Theriot <cjtheriot1977@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 4:43 PM
Subject: help to relocate 3 cats
I have 3 wonderfully cuddly kitties that I need to find good homes for. Ideally, I would like them to all go to the same home (they are siblings).. My girlfriend and I have exhausted our resources and there are no local "no-kill" shelters that we have found. So we turn to you, .. Help out a fellow cat lover!About them:They are all the same age, 2-1/2 years old. They were born under my ex-girlfriend's grandmother's carport, and we didn't want them to freeze to death (Their birthday is Dec 04, 2010), so we took them in. And, what can I say, they kinda grew on me. All three have been spayed/neutered, and have no health issues, … they are all inside cats, but have NOT been declawed.Gus - male, orange tabby - He's such a cuddle whore. Leave your purse or shoes on the floor, and you can be sure he will snuggle up to it (he LOVES leather) When he purrs, he sounds like a bird, it's pretty funny. He tends to jump up on your lap, and head butt your hand to let you know he wants some loving.Sid Vicious - female, calico - Contrary to her name, Sid is one of the sweetest cats I have ever known. She's a kneader - if there is a lap to be sat on, she will be there! She loves to knead her little paws into your lap, and she'll do it for hours...I exaggerate, but it's a really long time. Sometimes she will actually curl up on your lap and go to sleep. This happens whenever we are watching a movie.Harley Quinn - female, torty [tortie] - Harley is our "special" little kitty... dog bit her when she was only 12 weeks old, and she has some neurological damage. Nothing life threatening (So says the vet) But she runs kinda sideways, and is generally a little slow on the uptake. Still, she's very sweet and she loves being held. She squeaks sometimes when I hold her like a baby and play with her belly. It's so cute!Please … Help us find good homes for these sweet, lovable and loving kitties! We are located in the New Orleans metro area.----… we are all out of options …would you be able to take in these 3 kitties?Colin________________________________________________________________________________LA (Lafayette area) Declawed Cat “Omen” Needs Home-Owner Very Sick + Declawed Cat “Daphne” in Foster but Needs Perm Home-Abandoned by Owner·2 separate requests, both cats are declawed females, Barbara is the contact for both and transport can be arranged to New Orleans area.Contact: Barbara (337) 781-2362 bb70555@yahoo.comFrom: bingoroger@aol.com <bingoroger@aol.com>
Subject: PICS AND MORE INFO ON: Fwd: Two declawed B&W cats need homes or going to shelter
To: Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
CONTACT: bb70555@yahoo.com
Barbara
(337) 781-2362
THIS IS LAFAYETTE, LA AREA BUT TRANSPORTING MAY BE ARRANGED.
From: Barbara <bb70555@yahoo.com>
To: bingoroger <bingoroger@aol.com>; nolasark44 <nolasark44@gmail.com>; angiesimoneaux <angiesimoneaux@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 11, 2013 6:36 pm
Subject: Re: Two declawed B&W cats need homes or going to shelter
Holly & Helen
I have talked to the Lady that had Daphne [name of the cat] that was abandoned in her rental house. The cat is safe for now. A foster was found.
Angie said that Daphne is very sweet, no aggressions at all but seems to be a bit depressed. Which is understandable. Angie said she's in a very good shape for an older kitty.
I left a message with the other one. I had somebody interested in Omen but I have no idea if the owner's sister contacted them.
I attach the photos again and hope you'll get them this time. Both are not to good but that's all I have for now.
Let me know if you're interested in them. I can't come this week to NO but I'm sure we can arrange transport somehow.
I copied Angie in the e-mail so you all know
Thanks for helping Daphne. If I would know who the one is that abandoned her I would report him.
Barbara

(337) 781-2362

From:
Barbara [mailto:bb70555@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 7:19 AM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject:
Another black and white cat that was abandoned by her owner. I got an e-mail from the Lady that feeds her right now but can only until latest Sunday. Here's what she sent me:"I am trying to find a home for an abandoned cat. [Daphne-picture below] Her owner left her in a house he was renting from me. She is 8 years old, declawed, fixed and is in good health. She is house trained. I must find a home for her by this weekend. My husband is allergic to cats and I rented the house to new tenants. My last resort is animal control, which I am trying to avoid. Please help me place her in a good home."

DAPHNEOmen the other black & white declawed cat whose owner is very sick still needs a place asap. She the one in the second photo [below]. She's also a few years old, declawed and spayed. The family can't keep her so she might end up at Animal Control too. OMENCan you all PLEASE share their pictures and stories with your contacts?Thanks a lotBarbara(337) 781-2362________________________________________________________________________________
LA (Houma) 2 Cats Need Home – Elderly Owner Passed AwayContact: Donna Tamberella (985?) 390-1784 dtamberella@bellsouth.net – Donna will transport – bring to you
From: Sharon Stoskopf <sstoskopf@gmail.com>
To:
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:26 PM
Subject: Fwd: FW: 2 Cats need home
Please share or if you can help the contact information is listed below. Thanks,SharonFrom: Donna Dubuc Latino <ddlatino@neworleanslawyer.com> Date: Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:48 AMSubject: FW: 2 Cats need homeTo: Donna Dubuc Latino <ddlatino@neworleanslawyer.com> Please see message below from Donna Tamberella!From:
dtamberella [mailto:dtamberella@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:44 PM

To: Donna Dubuc Latino
Subject: 2 Cats need home
Donna, could you pass these pictures on to your friends to see if anyone is looking to adopt two older cats. Their owner, an elderly lady, recently passed away and the family is looking to find someone who can adopt both together, if possible. I believe they are about 8 years old, both females and spayed. If anyone is interested they can email me or call me directly (390-1784). The cats live in Houma, but if the right person wants to give them a good home, I'll pick them up and bring the cats to them. I would take them because they are so sweet, but I already have a few cats. Thanks,Donna Tamberella ________________________________________________________________________________Reply to:nn2h5-3803568115@comm.craigslist.orgPosted: 2013-05-13, 8:12PM CDTLoverboy & Furball Need YOUR HELP! (Mid City) Iberville St at N ScottThese sweet little faces were abandoned by their owner when she moved out of her apartment. They are unfortunately now homeless and begging you for a good home! I've posted on CL before asking for help but we have yet to find them a nice warm home... Here's more about them:
Loverboy (tabby) is outgoing, friendly and loves to roll on his side for some belly scratches. He comes running up to us when we get home, always a sweet friendly face to come home to!
Furball (blue-eyed Siamese mix) is a little more reserved at first but she warms up to you quickly. She meows very sweetly when you pet her. And look at those eyes! Crystal blue!
They are both good with dogs (their former owner had 2 large dogs) and other cats as well. Both are neutered/spayed already but are not declawed. They are gentle so they would also be good with kids too. Ideally, they'd find a home together, but they would be ok going to separate homes. I am unsure if they are up to date on shots...
It is just so unfortunate that their former owner was such a terrible human as to have left them behind when she moved out. They are just victims of a bad owner. Can you help them??
Please let me know!
Iberville St at N ScottLocation: Mid City
Posting ID: 3803568115
Posted: 2013-05-13, 8:12PM CDT
Edited: 2013-05-13, 8:19PM
CDT
________________________________________________________________________________NC (Pilot Mountain) Twisted Whiskers Kitten at Vet – Funds Needed
  • Call Animal Medical Services at 336-786-9444. Just let them know you're calling to donate to Muppet of Twisted Whisker Farm.
  • Twisted Whiskers rescued cats from Louisiana after Katrina, please help them help this kitten.
Contact: Kristina Rieckrieck44@yahoo.comFrom: Sharon Stoskopf [mailto:sstoskopf@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:40 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Fwd: TWFS Muppet the kitten at vet...funds needed

From: Kristina Rieck <rieck44@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, May 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Subject: TWFS Muppet the kitten at vet...funds needed
To: "rieck44@yahoo com" <rieck44@yahoo.com>
Hi all,It's been one thing after another here and I have not been able to send mails out. The night I was in the icu with Anna was my last mail. I had to make the decision to say goodbye that night. It was going to cost over $700 for the night with no guarantees. I had no official diagnosis but they believed she may have had cancer.This is Muppet who I have been working with for the last several weeks. She is about nine weeks old now and this is her pic at three weeks. Yesterday morning she had sudden breathing issues and I rushed her to the vet. She made it through the night and is on meds. I just visited her and she's doing a little better. Her lungs were a little crackly but she is eating some. I made the decision to leave her another night. I have to work and did not want to leave her alone all day tomorrow in her condition. I'm hoping the meds continue to work and she can come home tomorrow or Saturday.If anyone would like to donate to her vet bill as funds are extremely low, she is at Animal Medical Services at 336-786-9444. Just let them know you're calling to donate to Muppet of Twisted Whisker Farm. As always, any amount is greatly appreciated as I could not do this without your help. I will have a PayPal in June.Thanks,Kris
TWFS
P.O. Box 422

CDT________________________________________________________________________________Louisiana Lost Found Pets Facebook Pages and Helpful Info for Missing Pets ·A list of resources and Facebook pages for Lost/Missing and Found Pets·Please post pic and info on some of the Lost/found Facebook pages for Louisiana. [see list at bottom]And post on this new Facebook page for Metairie/Kenner Lost & Found and Adoptable Animals for adoption by owners:
From: Joni Solis [mailto:animalnewsinfo@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:05 PM
To: Joni Solis
Subject: Louisiana Lost Found Pets Facebook Pages and Helpful Info for Missing Pets
Louisiana Lost Found Pets Facebook Pages and Helpful Info for Missing Pets

=================================
Helpful links to sites about Lost/Missing and Found Pets
=================================

Lost Pet Tips and Sites

1. Pet Parent Helpers [ http://petparenthelpers.blogspot.com/p/lost-found.html ] - South Baton Rouge Louisiana pets petsitting lost pet help & pet adoption help

2. great tips here on getting a lost dog back - I thought I'd heard them all but they have ideas here I'd never thought of:
"LOST DOG QUICK ACTION PLAN"

3. "Pet Recovery Tips - Posters"

4. Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender, Baton Rouge Louisiana - helping people rehome pets dogs cats http://ow.ly/6Oswy lost & found

5. Lost-pet poster: Six tips for a more effective sign http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/home_blog/2012/06/lost-dog-poster-tips.html

6. News article with list of Facebook pages for lost/found pets: "Missing a pet? Found a pet?" List of Lost/Found Pet Pages on Facebook for South Louisiana Parishes

7. Lost My Doggie [for cats too!] - Our Lost Dog Locating Service will Help Find Your Lost Dog, Lost Cat or Missing Pet - http://www.lostmydoggie.com/
Lost My Doggie - Lost Pet Tips - http://www.lostmydoggie.com/tips.cfm

8. Maddie's Fund - What You Don't Know About Lost Pets Can Hurt Them - http://www.maddiesfund.org/Resource_Library/What_You_Dont_Know_About_Lost_Pets_Can_Hurt_Th em.html

9. Helping Lost Pets, Find cats dogs found pets missing - http://www.helpinglostpets.com
Christine Schultz Grenat And now we have a NEW program coming together, Lost Pets of Baton Rouge that will help owners find their missing pets faster. I just set up an account HERE: http://www.helpinglostpets.com/Default.html#Search
Have you seen a possibly lost pet? You can post pet sightings, lost and found pets here: http://www.helpinglostpets.com/Default.html#Sighting
Helping Lost Pets, Find cats dogs found pets missing http://www.helpinglostpets.com
Join the National Lost/Found Pet Registry and help pets get back home. It's free
http://www.helpinglostpets.com/Default.html#Search10. Pet Amber Alert - http://www.petamberalert.com/ Lost Pet Recovery Guide – FREE! http://www.petamberalert.com/download

11. Missing Pet Partnership Some of the best information for locating lost/missing pets is at http://www.missingpetparntership.com - Has some good advice for missing pet behavior, when and how to look, and other ways to help locate pets.
Tagging your car to help find your lost pet. Seattle Pet Detectives - Tagger Instructions | Missing Pet Partnership –

12. Helping reunite pets and owners in Louisiana. The NUMBER ONE tool for reuniting lost pets and their owners are fliers. Please use and share this free flier-maker tool far and wide. It works! http://www.petbond.com/flyerentry.php?oid=bf

13. News article with list of Facebook pages for lost/found pets: "Missing a pet? Found a pet?" List of Lost/Found Pet Pages on Facebook for South Louisiana Parishes http://www.katc.com/news/missing-a-pet-found-a-pet-/

14. "Tabby Tracker is a public database of lost cats. Lost cat owners and lost cat finders can post classified ads, search listings, print posters, and even receive automated email notifications when matching cats are added to the website. Start by searching our lost or found cat listings then proceed to register your lost or found cat to add the cat to our database and begin receiving email updates."

15. "Fido Finder is the largest public database of lost dogs. Lost dog owners and lost dog finders can post classified ads, search listings, print posters, and receive automated email notifications when matching dogs are registered on the website. Start by searching our lost or found dog listings, then proceed to register your lost or found dog to add the dog to our database and begin receiving email updates."
Lost Dogs - How to Find Your Lost Dog - Fido Finder - http://www.fidofinder.com/find-your-lost-dog.php

=================================
Lost and Found Facebook Pages for Louisiana
=================================

Current list (know of any other Louisiana Facebook page for Lost/Missing/Found Pets?) Please post pic and info on some of the Lost/found Facebook pages for Louisiana.
[ new Facebook page for Metairie/Kenner Lost & Found and Adoptable Animals for adoption by owners: ]

Lost and Found Pets of Southeast Louisiana - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-and-Found-Pets-of-Southeast-Louisiana/126929750758058
Lost Pet Networkers of South Louisiana - http://www.facebook.com/groups/285148524872897/
Lost Pets of Ascension Parish - http://www.facebook.com/lostpetsascensionparish
NOLA Pets Lost and Found - http://www.facebook.com/NOLAMissingPets
Lost and Found Pets of New Orleans - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-and-Found-Pets-of-New-Orleans/273785738594?ref=stream
Lost Pets of Baton Rouge - http://www.facebook.com/lostpetsbatonrouge
Lost Pets of West Baton Rouge - http://www.facebook.com/westbatonrougepets
Lost Pets Of Livingston Parish - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-Pets-Of-Livingston-Parish/289058577806679
Lost Pets of Tangipahoa Parish - http://www.facebook.com/LostPetsOfTangipahoaParish
Lost Pets of St. Tammany Parish - https://www.facebook.com/LostPetsOfStTammanyParish
Acadia - https://www.facebook.com/AcadiaParishLostFoundPets
Lost and Found Pets Acadiana - http://www.facebook.com/lostandfoundpetsacadianalostandfoundpetsacadiana@gmail.com
Acadia Parish Lost/Found Pets - http://www.facebook.com/AcadiaParishLostFoundPets
St. Martin Parish Lost/Found Pets - http://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Martin-Parish-LostFound-Pets/456512984368106
St. Mary - https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Mary-Parish-LostFound-Pets/299228793508075
Vermilion - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vermilion-Parish-LostFound-Pets/260523420729573
St. Landry - https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Landry-Parish-LostFound-Pets/489152224445925
Lafayette - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lafayette-Parish-LostFound-Pets/474273282600742
Jeff Davis - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeff-Davis-Parish-LostFound-Pets/367297160005215
Iberia - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iberia-Parish-LostFound-Pets/265287773580896
Evangeline - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evangeline-Parish-LostFound-Pets/174975099301848
Shreveport Bossier Lost & Found Pets - http://www.facebook.com/ShreveportBossierLostandFoundPets

Another way to help is to make sure your dog knows your area well by taking her or him for regular long walks around the neighborhood. This helps in two ways, first, more people will get to know you and your dog and will be more likely to try to get the dog if they see him or her out by themselves. Second, your dog will know his or her way around and will be less likely to get lost and travel for miles, more likely to head for home and find it when hungry, hot, or finished with exploring alone.

Always keep a good clear current photo of your pet or pets on your computer ready to make lost pet fliers. Try to photograph them every few months.

P.S. Please share this info! Thank you!

1 Comment to TYPICAL DAY ON MY E-MAIL:

Comments RSS
Denker on Monday, October 24, 2016 2:22 PM
Yelling at or hitting your cats it isn't just mean, it'll backfire on you. After all, it's simpler to blame someone besides yourself. The show gets repeated because SOMEONE (that might be moi) keeps removing The Offering and flipping it back into the cat dish.
Reply to comment