LA (all) Links - Prepare Pets and Feral Cats for Storms
Some good info on preparing pets for storms in Gulf region:
Info on preparing pets and feral cats:
Updates 10/3 - New info that the dogs were reported barking when attacking the cat at Caswell and Canterbury 9/18.
Please keep lookout for these dogs as the rain seems to bring them out of hiding.
Another lost cat in this area – see the post below: LOST BROWN TABBY CAT- METAIRIE (Cleary and Airline)
Reminder to - Please Crosspost and Post on FaceBook!
Re: LA (Metairie) 2 Dogs Attack Cats – Several Incidents – Same 2 Dogs Seen - Warning for pet owners and for cat caretakers!
Call 911 if you see the dogs. Try to follow them in your car until animal control can come out.
Call Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter at 504-736-6111 during business hours and ask to speak to Animal Control to make a report.
·These dogs are very quiet when they are on the move. They do not always bark or make any noise.
·Please be on lookout in the wee hours as these dogs are leaving dead cats in the areas they have travelled.
·Some of the cats these dogs kill appear to be hit by cars as they do not show any outward signs of trauma. People may mistakenly dismiss these incidents because they believe their cats were hit by cars. Other cats the dogs attack have been viciously killed
Descriptions of the 2 Dogs:
·The smaller dog is a pit mix with brindle/different colors to the coat, about 40 lbs., with weird skinny legs.
·The other dog is larger and is a big light yellow lab mix, about 60 lbs. The lab had a brown leather collar on which may have come off since.
·An old dog collar was found in a yard where 1 of the cats was killed.
·When the dogs are seen, it is usually between the hours of 9:45 pm and 2 am. Reports of sightings include around 10 pm (before or after), around 11:30/midnight, and around 2 am. Both dogs are unneutered males. They were last seen 9/21.
- 9/21 Missing cat had been killed by an animal (same dogs?) - 1400 block Highland. The 2 dogs were last seen the same night 4 blocks away at Madison & 47 going towards W. Metairie. On 9/21 they may have cut across Cleary past church on Rayne to the 1400 bk Highland.
- 9/20 Cat attacked and found dead in the morning near Cleary & W. Metairie (1000 block Taft Park). The people on N. Turnbull whose cat had also been killed saw the dogs late 9/19 about 11:30 pm on 33 going toward Cleary in the direction of where the cat on Taft Park was killed that same evening, sometime before early morning. The next night 9/21, the dogs were again seen on the 1000 block Taft Park.
- 9/18 Cat attacked and killed by the 2 dogs and were seen by the owner who witnessed the cat being attacked by the dogs at Caswell & Canterbury. The owner learned from a man on the 2200-2300 block Nerey that these same dogs will pass almost nightly at 2 am usually and then he doesn't see them for weeks or months later - but then he sees the same dogs again!
- 9/15 - 2 Cats belonging to 2 different people were attacked and killed on the 2400 block of N. Turnbull.
Lost cat in the area:
- Please keep lookout for missing cat “Ole Man” Big Orange Ear Tipped Tabby (has a folded ear) missing from 2200 block N. Turnbull since mid-Sept.
Contact: Sena J. Fletcher 504-232-0313 [email protected]